Children and individuals in general, with visual stress may experience one or several of the following, according to British Dyslexia Association:
- blurred letters or words which go out of focus,
- letters which move or present with back to front appearance or shimmering or shaking,
- headaches from reading,
- words or letters which break into two and appear as double,
- find it easier to read large, widely spaced print, than small and crowded,
- difficulty with tracking across the page,
- upset by glare on the page or oversensitive to bright lights.
In some cases, any of these symptoms can significantly affect reading ability. It can also make reading very tiring. Of course a child will not necessarily recognize what they see as a problem, as this is how they always see text. If a child complains of a least one of these problems or has difficulty at school, they should be referred to specialist to identify the problem. Our Reading Centre and Emmetropia Eye Institute offer advanced vision correction in a patient-centered environment. Access to conventional and cutting-edge refractive surgery technologies for a wide range of vision problems enable our physicians to optimize results by meeting each patient´s individual needs. The Emmetropia Mediterranean Eye Clinic offers procedures to correct vision problems such as myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness), regular and irregular astigmatism, presbyopia, cataract, glaucoma etc. Our doctors have access to advanced clinical pre-assessment facilities and specialize in a broad range of refractive techniques.